Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December had been pretty busy for us. It started with watching my 8 year old nephew's basketball game! YEA!!!! I love basketball so watching my niece and nephew play is a FAVORITE past time. This was his second game and they won... by quite a bit. (This might have actually been the end of November, I can't remember to be honest...either way it was fun!)

Here he is (holding the water bottle) on the bench. And here he is as point guard. For a little guy he can handle the ball really well... we are still working on that left hand though. Being left handed, it's a passion of mine to make sure kids learn early how to use BOTH hands equally.
He scored I think 6 or 8 points in this game!
Here is his sister and brother watching the action.
Ha ha... love this picture. He was enjoying the game, I'm sure. Mr Wonderful is also a big fan. He coached 8th grade girls for a year at a Christian school down by Milwaukee.

Here is my little sister and her fiance Joey watching the action.
And my dad stretching after it was all over.
As part of his Christmas gift... we took Ry-Guy to watch the men's basketball game at the UW Madison. The Badgers beat UW Green Bay in a non-conference interstate match up.
They have nicknames for each other... growing up I had a dog named Scott so his name is Dawg and he calls Ry-guy All Star. They enjoy each other... I love that they get along.

We put up our own Christmas tree early December. It's little and perfect for us!

We decided to start our own tradition and ever year we are going to buy each other an ornament for the tree. Here is the one Scott got me. I love snowmen and we had put up Christmas lights together, I love hats and scarfs, and it has little houses on it... as we are starting our first home together so this was the perfect first ornament.

And this one says "Our First Christmas Together" so I got this one for Scott. Again with the snowmen... they are just so cute I couldn't help myself.

And here is Percy... our perfect little Christmas gift. Ok to be honest, I'm not a huge cat person but she's a very cuddly cat and she seems to love me so I've learned to love her as well. I still don't love the cat hair EVERYWHERE but she's worth it.
We've had A LOT of snow lately. It doesn't seem to stop. I think we're at a record setting December. Eek. Last Friday Scott couldn't get out of the driveway to go to work so we had our first real snow day together. We shoveled until we could hardly stand. Then we showered and got into pj's for a fun filled day of wii playing. Here's Mr Wonderful ready for action.

Even Percy got into the game. We created a mii for her so that she can show up in the games with us. She just discovered she can walk across the entertainment center. She was chasing around the pointer. It was pretty funny. She thought it was a toy for her I think.

She likes to pose for her pictures.

This is what our backyard looked like about 12 inches of snow ago... I don't know where else we can put the snow!
And here is our driveway. If there is someone in the passenger side of a vehicle they have to get let out at the sidewalk because we can't knock down the snow banks any further without putting it all in our neighbors yard. Yuck! I can no longer see out the end of our driveway, it's about 6 feet high!

No comments: