Monday, July 19, 2010

It seems like I only blog when things go bad. Not today! Yesterday scott did (and said) some things that made me melt a little.

* I was unloading the new coffee mugs we bought that match our dishes and realized we didn't have room in the cupboard.
Scott: we can take some of the beer mugs and put them in a box in the basement.
Me: does that mean we are getting old? Removing beer mugs to make room for coffee mugs?
Scott: I can't wait to get old with you. I never thought I'd grow up until I met you.

* we were sitting on the couch together. I was reading and more often then not, I absent-mindedly rub his back. He was turned awkward so I could reach. I was totally engrossed in my book when he he says "how do you feel about the name Maximus?". I glance over and see he's using the iPod looking up baby names!

* his parents who are not members of my fan club were here for four days this past weekend. It was actually a great weekend. We spent time doing all the things we've been meaning to do. Ate some AWESOME food. We spent some time at the kohler fixture showroom and more then once, Scott and I planned for our future home. It felt so good to hear him talk about our future in front of his parents.

* he's started calling me his 20% wife. I can only assume he's put 20% down on a ring!!

I know I struggle with where I fit into his family. I think I always will. All I can hope for is that he never stops reminding me how much he loves me. Sometimes I forget briefly. But gosh I love him. He still makes me go weak with a look. Thoughts of him makes my heart skip a beat. And his scent. I love the way he smells. I love the way he kisses my cheeks in public, so softly. I can't get enough of his kisses. He's pretty amazing. Ok, really amazing.

No comments: