Monday, August 23, 2010

Outside my window the sun is shining. Someone is mowing their lawn. Birds are chatting about the beautiful weather. My flower beds are reaching towards the sky.

I am thinking about school work. I enjoy studying nursing but I’m fearful I will never learn all this material. I should be doing homework right now. But I’m not. I’m thinking I should get back to it.

I am thankful for having Mr. Wonderful in my life. He lifts me up when I need him to. He encourages me to thrive. He loves me unconditionally.

I am wearing baggy GAP sweatpants that are the softest pants I own and a Vermont tshirt from an old roommate. I am not wearing shoes or socks and I love it!

I am remembering my days of UWSP. Living in the dorms and taking life literally, one day at a time. Not studying too hard but instead forming relationships that will last a life time.

I am going to try to stay organized this semester. I want to schedule free time with my family and friends and still work hard to earn my degree and work enough to keep my head above water.

I am currently reading Nursing books. Nursing Diagnosis, Pharmacology, and Nursing Fundamentals. I wish I was reading a novel about the beach.

I am hoping that Mr. Wonderful pops the question sooner than later. I love him so much and for the first time in my life, I know 100% that marrying him and having a family with him is right.

On my mind: Money. Our trip to New York state in November. Badger football games. Up coming weddings. Cleaning the house. Cooking dinners. Studying and doing homework. Getting to see this guy in concert this weekend.

Noticing that I’ve really made a mess out of our “office” space and realizing in order to stay organized, I should probably do something about said mess.

Pondering these words: “Thanks for making this difficult time a little easier. Your smile will stay with us forever” It was a thank you card a family that I worked with gave me. The gentleman was struggling with a new cancer diagnosis and I enjoyed caring for him as well as helping his family remember the little things in life in such a difficult time.

From the kitchen I hear nothing. No one is cooking me dinner so I guess at some point, I’ll have to go do it myself. I’d like to have some chicken grilled by the time Mr. Wonderful gets home from work so we can have chicken Caesar salads tonight before church.

Around the house things keep piling up.

One of my favorite things curling up on the couch with Percy, our cat and Mr Wonderful watching television or a movie.

From my picture journal:
Hahaha... I love this picture... he is totally in a food induced coma.  LOVE IT.

No comments: