Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life of the Unemployed

Yea, I've had some exciting days/weeks in the last month. I've also had some rather depressing days. Ok so not really depressing but not so fun either. I am officially done working. It sucks. I hated my job. I knew I wasn't going to be there forever, but I also thought I'd be able to find something else to do before I left. I was wrong.

I am loving with Mr. Wonderful. I moved in this week. Since I have no job, it wasn't all that hard. I packed my car before I left for Vegas and came straight here after my trip. Then on Tuesday I went to the dentist back near where I used to live and took his Explorer that I was able to pack to the brim and bring "home". So this weekend we're going to stay in my apartment and hopefully pack up the rest of my stuff.

I love living with him. I love him. I love this town. I love all that.

I hate being unemployed.

This week I've been able to keep busy. I unpacked and organized and cleaned and did all that "homemaker" type stuff. But that's not me. Plus, this still doesn't feel like it's my house. So yea, I packed up his pots and pans and put mine to use in the kitchen but I'm not going to rearrange his closet to make room for my clothes. And without him here I feel weird putting anything away. It's just that I feel like he should be a part of those decisions... shouldn't he?

I've been cooking this week, which I love and don't do nearly enough when I'm working. And the laundry has been done, which is a chore I hate but don't mind so much when I can spread it out. The thing is, I'm not contributing financially. I want to pay the bills and buy groceries and all that but it's hard when I have NO idea what type of financial future I have. None, what-so-ever. He doesn't mind and tells me I'm pulling my weight in other ways but it just doesn't feel like that.

I love him, he's wonderful. He's amazing. He makes me smile and he keeps me moving but it's hard. Being rejected is hard. Employers should just know that I want to work, I want to make money, and I want to belong somewhere. That's all I'm asking.

No comments: