Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DOGGY UPDATE!
No, she's not dead, she's napping. Having a dog is so elegant when all he does is looks cute and plays dead on the deck. I just tie her up in the yard and she lays here until I force her to come in. She loves it outside and I'm not sure why, she gets sun burns. No really, she does.

Last night we were going to bed so I wanted her to go into her kennel. I told her to go to her kennel and she ran to the back of the house. I assumed she went where she was told but oh no... she wanted a nice warm bath before bed. I think she was feeling a little stressed and wanted to relax. TOO BAD... SO SAD! It was cute though, she LOVES water.
Sunday we took her for a nice LONG walk down by the lake to help tire her out. We were walking along the bike path like normal people but every time we came to a set of stairs leading to the beach she sniffed down them and then looked at us like "Come on guys, there's water down there. I'm not scared of water, I'm a big girl." So eventually we gave in. We just walked along the edge of the water and she's tip-toe in once and awhile and out of no where... she took off into the water with all her energy. She ran back out and was going crazy. Running around kicking up dirt like she was born to. Then she went back to the edge to get a drink. When her head was down a wave came and completely covered her head. She didn't care. She just ran deeper in the water. She went in and out for probably 15 mins and she LOVED it. We had to quite literally DRAG her back to the walking path. She got a nice warm bath when we got home and she was sleeping within mins. What a perfect solution to high energy.

This is where I usually sit during the day. I watch the shows we recorded from the night before and catch up on Sports Center or the news. Not this week. She's taken over. If she's not in the most comfortable chair in the house...

She's taking up half the couch. She's good about staying on her blankets but dude... can you share some of the comfy resting spots?
I LOVE HER and it's been GREAT having her here.



No comments: